Data Protection Information
We will treat your personal information as private and confidential (even if you are no longer a client) except where we are permitted by law or where the disclosure is made at your request or with your consent in relation to arranging your plans.
To be able to give you financial advice, we will need to collect personal and financial information from you. Therefore could you kindly read the following paragraphs which explain how we use your personal information.
How can we use your personal information?
We may give information about you, your application and your dealings with us to:
- other members of JCF Financial Services Limited to deal with any accounts, products and services which we provide or hope to provide to you, on the understanding that they will keep your information confidential;
- our employees and agents, including insurers, to deal with any accounts, products and services we provide to you or hope to provide to you, on the understanding that they will keep your information confidential;
- credit reference agencies or other organisations who may use or give out information for credit assessments, to trace debtors and other agencies to confirm your identity and in the prevention of fraud and money laundering;
- anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties to under our agreements with you;
- anyone we legally have to inform or if the law allows us to do this; and
other members of JCF Financial Services Limited to allow such members of JCF Financial Services Limited to provide you with marketing information.
How can you find out what personal information we hold?
By law you are entitled to a copy of any personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) held by the Company or another member of JCF Financial Services Limited which is a data controller (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998). You can also ask the Company to correct any inaccurate data held about you.